- The image
- The weird and wonderfully wonky way that the figures are drawn.
- The weird wonky s shape made by the winged figure and the standing figure.
- The way that the two figures are joined by their heads!
- The amazingly detailed and invented landscape, much smaller in scale than the figures. Are they gods? Giants? Or is it just dream logic?
- The inventedness of it all. It feels like it was just made up. No reference to real trees or people.
- The line made by the pen; so thin and a bit scratchy. Like an etching.
- The preciousness of it. the feeling that Paul Nash was totally involved in this little world. You could move around it in your head!